Friday, October 12, 2007

violin results

Oh oh! I received an email from ABRSM on Tuesday saying that my violin exam results were available online to check le. I GOT 120! WHICH IS EQUAL TO A MERIT! Oh! I am delighted. Very delighted. I only got a PASS for my Grade 1. Honestly, I didn't expect a M for this exam. I tot I would be happy enough to get a P.

Anyway, went to Christopherie (or watever how it is spelt) for a violin trial lesson. OMG! It was DREADFUL! The teacher simply sat there and hardly speaks. I was the one kept asking questions, not the teacher. How amazing. I even saw her stretching herself in the chair. *Groans!* Oh well, maybe this is her way of teaching but it is definitely not my type.

Hmm...I have decided to switch to learning piano instead of continuing violin. Surprisingly, my family is very supportive. Haha! Reason for my decision? Oh well, the reasons were, in my opinion, quite erm stupid. Haha!

  • piano sounds nicer (my family said that and also my classmates)
  • more convinient = need not carry huge object around (like violin)
  • easier to find a place in music schools
  • piano is more common
Maybe I should try learning piano and see whether I have more talent in which instrument.

Until a few days ago den I realised I have quite a number of friends who know piano. Hmm...Not bad. At least got an additional common topic. :) Hope I can pick it up easily. Wish me luck! =p

No comments: